Sysmex West and central Africa is seeking International Application Specialist who will provide applications training, support and troubleshooting to existing and potential users of Sysmex products, and to distributor channels in the West and Central African Region.
The Application specialist will be Providing 2nd level application support for IVD products to Sysmex affiliates, distributors, and partners in the English WCA regions. The incumbents will also Provide installation or on-site support to our affiliates and distributors. Lead and support product tests and evaluations, develop and conduct product and application training to WCA affiliates, distributors and Sysmex colleagues with varying levels of knowledge.
The International Applications Specialist will report directly to the Head of Function, Marketing - SWCA.
International Applications Specialist IVD - West and Central Africa
- Responsible to acquire all information regarding new product specifications or modifications and upgrading information of existing products.
- Strengthen knowledge of Sysmex products so that these can be translated and explained clearly to colleagues and customers to enhance their knowledge of Sysmex products.
- Conduct end – user and distributor application trainings on Sysmex instruments in the region whilst adhering to all standard operating procedures for trainings in Sysmex.
- Support development and implementation of training programs (workshops and conferences) for customers.
- Review and update knowledge of Applications Specialists of distributors through webinars including direct Support
- Proactively support distributor Sales/Marketing activities to promote Sysmex business in WCA region.
- Handle product related complaints as well as other clinical applications issues on instruments and advice potential improvements.
- Provide excellent assistance for troubleshooting purposes both online and on-site.
- Use of Minerva or Support App to manage all customer/distributor complaints
- Prepare a report to supervisor after every business trip indicating the activities done, recommended action/s, person/s responsible and other important information which management ought to know
- Management of company (Sysmex) assets and expenses within company guidelines.
- Willingness to travel within the WCA region (approx. 50 %)
- Medical laboratory Scientist / Medical Sciences
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in Hospital and Laboratory IVD equipment.
- Working experience in the medical laboratory or In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) field
- Advanced knowledge in urinalysis and/or microbiology
- Works actively and with commitment
- Good interpersonal skills, professionalism and customer focused
- Fluent in written and oral English, Knowledge of the French language is an advantage
- Working knowledge and experience of IT
- Profound training skills (on-site and/or virtual support)
- Effective written and spoken (English & French) communication / presentation skills
- Ability to convey complex information in a simplified and comprehensive way
- Enthusiasm for working in a multinational team and environment
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with ability to communicate complex scientific/clinical content
Sysmex is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We are a non-discriminatory entity, who gives every qualified candidate the opportunity to bring their expertise and valuable contributions to the team. Sysmex does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender etc or any other protected characteristic under any local legal laws of a state.