Sysmex Burkina Faso is seeking a Finance, Accounting and Controlling Manager who will ensure proper application of all necessary internal controls to ensure integrity, accuracy and completeness of financial records, controls and submit information on the status of settlements with debtors and creditors, banks and filing of tax returns in all subdivisions.
The Finance, Accounting and Controlling Manager will control and ensure accuracy of fixed assets and depreciation accounting, prepare analysis, and ensure accuracy in accounting of equity, liabilities, and reconciliation of transactions across multiple data sources, control understanding and drive precision in application of marketing/ discount policies.
The Finance, Accounting and Controlling Manager will report directly to the Managing Director of Sysmex Burkina Faso.
Finance, Accounting and Controlling Manager - Burkina Faso
Receivables Accounting and Control
- Ensure timely billing and invoicing of customers based on revenue recognition policies,
- Coordinate accuracy and compliance in receivables accounting,
- Track ageing of invoices to control outstanding and overdue receivables in order to minimize the risk exposure to AR provisions,
- Liaise with the Customer Success and Sales departments to resolve issues with customer payments
- Develop criteria to undertake due diligence for payment plan negotiations with customer for effective cashflow and credit risk management,
- Review contract terms and conditions to monitor customer credit limits and risk profiles,
- Review and continuously implement new procedures across credit control, payment terms, and AR management in line with Accounting Policies.
Financial Accounts and Reporting
- Maintain accurate mapping and reconciliation between IFRS and Local Accounting principles
- Provide support monthly reporting according to EMEA headquarters, SEU
- Provide support for all financial, tax and statutory reviews undertaken by local authorities,
- Supports the implementation of Global Corporate Policies as well as Accounting Treatment changes and reporting,
- Manage accuracy, and completeness of intercompany invoice billing and reporting in a timely manner
- Ensure posting of transaction into SAP corporate ERP system,
- Performs expense account and balance sheet reconciliation
- Prepare and submit account reconciliation for management review and approvals,
- Partner EMEA teams to complete transfer pricing studies and implement updates in ERP,
- Participate in finance related projects, particularly those related to ERP/systems transitions (for example, Concur, SAP),
- Coordinate relationship with the Accounts Payable for accuracy in cost accounting and reporting
- Assist with Accounts Receivable (AR) tasks as may be required
- Compliance with company policy, compliance code and anti-bribery regulations.
- Other assigned duties when requested by management.
- Asist in preparation of financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements as and when necessary
- Ensure payment of invoices by bank transfers and supplier cheque and liaise on all business-related banking matters
- Management of Accounts Receivables to ensure DSO targets are achieved.
- Oversee all purchasing and PO approval processes and forecasting cash flow requirements
- Ensure daily budget monitoring not excluding verifying and signing the monthly petty cash balance
- Monitor the submission of monthly VAT returns and other statutory obligations.
- Responsible for the preparation of tax audits documents and the completion of tax calculations for the payment of annual corporate tax.
- Preparation of cash forecast for local management and SEU
- Assist in the evaluation of accounting and internal control systems for improvement
- Willingness to travel within Burkina Faso and WCA region (approx. 50 %)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting / a relevant master’s degree will be a plus.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience.
- Membership in a professional and recognised accounting body (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ICAG) will be an added advantage.
- Practical knowledge of local laws, IFRS, tax laws etc.
- Strong financial analysis skills, critical thinker, and fast learning agility.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal primarily in French with a good mastery of English will be an added advantage.
- Strong organizational, team management and leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of SAP ( equivalent ERP systems), Microsoft Office and Power BI
- Must pay attention to details, organized, producing accurate results, multitasking and able to work in a high-volume as well as fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to support all other departments within the company and coordinate training and information sessions.
- Must have relevant experience in budgeting, forecasting, cashflow management and financial reporting
Sysmex is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We are a non-discriminatory entity, who gives every qualified candidate the opportunity to bring their expertise and valuable contributions to the team. Sysmex does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender etc or any other protected characteristic under any local legal laws of a state.